- Datum publicatie
- Aantal deadlines
- Eén deadline
- 17 mei 2022, 17:00 (CEST)
- European Health and Digital Executive Agency
- Programme Sector
- Digital Europe Programme
- Digital technologyDigital transformationEUFundedProposals
This action will create the European common data space for cultural heritage, a new flagship initiative to provide support to the digital transformation of Europe’s cultural sector, and foster the creation and reuse of content in cultural and creative sectors. It will build on the current Europeana platform and will vastly expand the current functionalities, in particular in relation to 3D digitisation, re-use of digitised cultural resources as well as cross-sector and cross-border cooperation. The project will also build on the current Europeana Strategy 2020-2025.
The objective is the creation of a technical infrastructure combined with governance mechanisms that will secure easy, cross-border access to key datasets in the targeted area. The projects will have to deploy trust mechanisms (security and privacy by design), data services which ensure the identity of source and receiver of data and which ensure the access and usage rights towards the data.
Grants will focus on the digital capacity building in the cultural sector for its digital transformation and re-use of data, particularly at national level across Member States. Projects will cover one of the following activities:
- enriching the offer of services available on the data space, such as access to high quality and high value datasets, technological tools, technical know-how references, tools for knowledge sharing, consultancy and other services, to support digitisation, preservation and online sharing of digital cultural heritage assets.
- using existing Artificial Intelligence and machine-learning systems to improve user-engagement and experience, such as for the automatic translation of content or automatic metadata enrichment, improving multilingual aspects, providing adaptive filtering of cultural heritage assets or personalised recommendations;
- fostering the potential of re-use of, in particular, 3D digitised cultural heritage assets in important domains such as education, social sciences and humanities, tourism and the wider cultural and creative sector.