- Publication date
- Opening date
- Deadline model
- Deadline date
- Funding programme
- Programme Sector
- Connecting Europe Facility 2
- Digital technologyDigital transformationEUFundedProposals
The applicants may apply for grants for studies, including the following activities:
- Analysis of investment needs related to the development and deployment of cross-border and national cloud infrastructure interconnections at both the physical (i.e. very high capacity networks) and functional levels (i.e. management systems, software-defined infrastructures) for public sector end-users and private actors operating data infrastructures for services of general public interest across the EU.
- Analysis of economic sovereignty of deployed alternatives. This covers the analysis of total cost of ownership and of the relevant items that result in the extraction of the funding from the required value-chains.
- Analysis of technological needs relevant for the interconnection of the aforementioned networks and resources.
The end users will be public administrations or public and private entities entrusted with the operation of SGIs or SGEIs.
In view of the particular sensitivity of cloud infrastructures from a security perspective and the importance to reduce exposure to risks to the maximum possible extent, proposals under this topic are subject to strict exclusion of non-EU controlled entities,
under the Article 11.4 of the CEF Regulation. The assessment of the foreign (non-EU) control will be addressed during the eligibility phase of the evaluation of proposals. Participants will be requested to submit an ownership control questionnaire for this purpose to determine their control status. They will also be requested to submit supporting documents in order for the Commission to determine that the entities are not controlled by a third country.