Discover three Horizon Europe projects managed by HaDEA that exemplify the progress, sustainability endeavors, and visionary initiatives shaping the future of global cities:
- aims to revitalise aging social housing districts and post-war multifamily buildings through an integrated renovation methodology. It is working to create inclusive smart neighborhoods, improve urban spaces, and enhance residents' quality of life while fostering connectivity. It will be validated in one neighborhood in Ermua (Spain), and benefit from peer learning with Elva (Estonia) and Matera (Italy). Additionally, it is supported by e for broader dissemination and application.
- is creating awareness, fostering knowledge uptake, promoting behavioral changes in energy efficiency, and integrating renewables into local political frameworks. The project combines applied research with theoretical analysis, identifying good practices in building renovation replicable across different European regions. It is working to establish a sustainable standard for building renovation, improving the quality of life, and fostering climate-aware communities.
- addresses the persistent challenge of energy poverty and the European Green Deal's commitment to achieving zero-emission buildings by 2050. With a focus on energy efficiency, affordability, decarbonisation, and renewable integration, this project aims to support the renovation of social housing to assist those struggling with energy bills. The project strives to create energy-efficient, sustainable communities, promoting wellbeing and sustainable living.
Horizon 2020 was the EU’s multiannual funding programme between 2014 and 2020. H2020 provided Research and Innovation (R&I) funding for multi-national collaboration projects alongside individual researchers and SMEs via special funding instruments. Horizon 2020 is being continued by Horizon Europe Programme, which will run until 2027.
- Publication date
- 31 October 2023
- European Health and Digital Executive Agency
- Programme Sector
- Horizon Europe Cluster 4: Industry
- EUFundedIndustrial research