The second round of Connecting Europe Facility - Digital (CEF Digital) calls, worth €240 million, attracted 69 proposals with coordinators from 21 different countries and a total of 182 partners in the proposed consortia compositions.
The distribution of applications per topic is as follows:
- 5G coverage along transport corridors - Works: 4
- 5G coverage along transport corridors - Studies: 4
- 5G for Smart Communities - Works: 18
- Interconnection of backbone networks for cloud federations - Studies: 2
- Backbone connectivity for Digital Global Gateways - Works: 37
- Integration of 5G with edge computing and federated cloud facilities: 1
- Preparation of works for Operational digital platforms: 3
The results of the second call will be out this summer, following evaluations by an independent expert panel and the European Commission.
Discover the projects awarded in the first call on the Funding & Tenders portal.
The CEF Digital programme aims to support projects for secure, fast and high-capacity networks, backbone infrastructures, cloud federation and submarine cables, and strengthen the networks that connect rural, remote and overseas areas, as well as digitalise transport and energy networks.
- Date de publication
- 30 mars 2023
- Agence exécutive européenne pour la santé et le numérique
- Programme Sector
- Connecting Europe Facility 2
- Digital technologyEUFunded