HaDEA will have a stand at Submarine Networks EMEA showcasing funded projects and providing information on how to apply for funding to potential applicants. The European Commission will be part of two panels on the first day of the event.
The European Commission supports the deployment of high-capacity digital infrastructure in Europe, in particular Gigabit and 5G networks, through the Connecting Europe Facility Digital programme.
The first set of calls for proposals were launched in January 2022 with a total budget of €258 million for 5 calls. Under the call on Backbone connectivity for Digital Global Gateways, HaDEA manages the following projects that will be present at the event:
Works (Total EU contribution: €64.4 million)
- Build the future Canary Islands submarine cable connection
- LDV - Interconnection and Colocation Center
- Digital Gateway between the Atlantic and the Mediterranean
- Submarine cable connecting Mauritania to Portugal and Europe
- Submarine cable system between Gran Canaria, Lanzarote and Fuerteventura in Canary Islands
- Submarine cable between Marseille (France) and Bizerte (Tunisia).
Studies (Total EU contribution: €17.6 million)
- Portugal Ireland Spain Connecting Europe Subsea
- Black Sea Landing Point
- Tusass Connect 1
- Resilient Stockholm Archipelago Backbone
- Study to deploy new submarine cables in Canary Islands
- West European Coast Festoon
- Planning of development of the autonomous digital backbone and connecting Europe with global strategic partners
The second generation of the Connecting Europe Facility (CEF) Digital programme aims to support and catalyse investments in European digital connectivity infrastructures of common interest.
CEF Digital will improve, secure and innovate connectivity infrastructures such as Gigabit and 5G networks across Europe. These actions will receive more than €1 billion in funding for the first three years (2021-2023). Out of this budget, HaDEA will manage more than €710 million.
The first calls under CEF Digital managed by HaDEA covered the following areas:
- 5G coverage along transport corridors
- 5G for Smart Communities
- Backbone networks for pan-European cloud federations
- Backbone connectivity for Digital Global Gateways
- Programme Support Actions for Operational Digital Platforms and 5G connectivity infrastructures.
- Publication date
- 26 May 2023
- European Health and Digital Executive Agency
- Programme Sector
- Connecting Europe Facility 2
- AWPDigital technologyDigital transformationEUFundedEvent