The Photonics Partnership Annual Meeting 2023 is taking place in Brussels on 26 and 27 April, featuring experts from industry, research, public organisations and politicians to discuss and shape the future of photonics. This year's Annual Meeting will focus on critical value chains for Europe's strategic autonomy.
On the second day of the event, the Photonics Partnership’s priority setting process for the Horizon Europe work program 2025-2027 will be organised across seven thematic workshops on 1) Digital Infrastructure; 2) Manufacturing; 3) Health; 4) Climate, 5) Mobility & Energy; 6) Safety, Security, Space & Defense; and 7) Agriculture & Food.
Discover two Horizon 2020 projects managed by HaDEA participating in the event:
- PHOTONFOODis developing two innovative photonic devices by combining innovations in paper-based sample treatment, mid-infrared sensing, and data analysis for on-site detection of chemical and microbial contaminants. This solution promises to enable testing in smaller batches throughout the food chain for daily monitoring, with the goal of significantly improving food quality while reducing waste throughout the European food industry.
- WINTHERis working on next-generation fast RSOM (Ultra-broadband raster-scan optoacoustic mesoscopy), which offers advanced cross-sectional optical imaging of the skin. The new F-RSOM, aided by a modern computation framework based on deterministic and artificial intelligence algorithms, is two orders of magnitude faster than the existing RSOM, enabling assessment of endothelial functions.
Horizon 2020 was the EU’s multiannual funding programme between 2014 and 2020. H2020 provided Research and Innovation (R&I) funding for multi-national collaboration projects alongside individual researchers and SMEs via special funding instruments. Horizon 2020 was continued by the Horizon Europe Programme, which will run until 2027.
- Fecha de publicación
- 26 de abril de 2023
- Agencia Ejecutiva Europea en los ámbitos de la Salud y Digital
- Programme Sector
- Horizon EuropeHorizon Europe Cluster 4: Digital
- Digital technologyDigital transformationEUFundedEventInnovation