Horizon Europe is the research and innovation programme of the EU for the period 2021-2027. The programme facilitates research collaboration and strengthens the impact of R&I in developing, supporting and implementing EU policies while tackling global challenges. As part of the Horizon Europe Pillar 2 (global challenges and European industrial competitiveness), HaDEA implements actions under Cluster 1 ‘Health’, including the Mission on Cancer, and Cluster 4 ‘Digital, Industry and Space’.
Cluster 1 ‘Health research’
Pillar 2, Cluster 1 ‘Health’ contributes to six expected impacts, known as destinations, set out in the programme’s strategic plan:
- Staying healthy in a rapidly changing society;
- Living and working in a health-promoting environment;
- Tackling diseases & reducing disease burden;
- Ensuring access to innovative, sustainable & high-quality healthcare;
- Unlocking the full potential of new tools, technologies and digital solutions for a healthy society; and
- Maintaining an innovative, sustainable & globally competitive health industry.
Through these destinations, Cluster 1 will contribute to the EU’s health priorities.
It tackles complex challenges such as evolving demographics (ageing, multi-morbidities), the need for greater resilience and equity in our healthcare systems and better preparedness to face change in our societies.
General page about the Horizon Europe - Health programme
Find your national advisor for Horizon Europe
Previous research programme Horizon2020
Paving the way to a European Health Union