- Datum der Veröffentlichung
- Beginnt am
- 26. September 2023, 17:00 (CEST)
- Programme Sector
- Digital Europe Programme
- AWPDigital technologyEU financingEUFundedProposals
The objective of the topic is to continue to support national SICs which may be composed of one or more NGOs, government bodies/agencies, private sector organisations in providing online safety information, educational resources, public awareness tools and counselling and reporting services (through dedicated helplines and hotlines) for young people, teachers, and parents. The activities performed by the SICs will help minors to tackle online risks and to become media-literate, resilient, digital citizens, and will allow citizens to anonymously report online child sexual abuse material (CSAM).
To reach all children, the Safer Internet Centres will pay particular attention to children with special or specific needs, including those from disadvantaged and vulnerable backgrounds.
- National SICs as a one-stop-shop for reliable and age-appropriate information.
- Digital literacy in Member States and associated countries in formal and informal education settings (e.g., youth participation activities, workshops, classroom visits, competitions, peer to peer activities).
- Support to parents, carers, teachers, educators and other professionals working with children to better understand the risks and opportunities of children accessing digital content and services (e.g., information sessions, train the trainers programmes, and online and offline material).
- Timely information to local, national, and European actors on emerging risks through the helpline service.
- Access to resources and services by public authorities, including law enforcement agencies, and exchanges with hotline analysts to develop better preventive measures and to remove online child sexual abuse material (CSAM).
- Increased cooperation of the private sector with the SICs, including those recognised in the future as “trusted flaggers” to assist the public, in particular children, when confronted with harmful and illegal content.