Ensuring a high level of health for humans, animals and plants throughout the food chain is among the Single Market Programme priorities.
Its food safety strand aims at:
- Preventing, controlling and eradicating animal diseases and plant pests;
- Supporting sustainable food production and consumption;
- Supporting the improvement of animal welfare;
- Improving the effectiveness, efficiency and reliability of official controls.
In this context, in August 2021 HaDEA launched three calls for tender to sign service contracts for training activities on plant disease outbreaks, food safety crisis preparedness in non-EU countries and animal welfare enforcement under the Better Training for Safer Food (BTSF) initiative.
Out of nine tenders, three service contracts were awarded to economic operators from Italy, Spain and France. The service contracts were signed in December 2021 and will run for four years.
More information from the Official Journal:
The Better Training for Safer Food (BTSF) is a European Commission training initiative to improve the knowledge and implementation of EU rules covering food and feed law, animal health and welfare, as well as rules on plant health and plant protection products.
- 19 tammikuu 2022
- Euroopan terveys- ja digitaaliasioiden toimeenpanovirasto | Terveyden ja elintarviketurvallisuuden pääosasto
- Programme Sector
- Single Market Programme Food ChainBetter Training For Safer Food Initiative
- Food safetyTendering