The Digital Europe Programme (DEP) aims to build the strategic digital capacities of the EU and to facilitate the wide deployment of digital technologies. The programme will invest in the following sectors:
- High Performance Computing,
- Cloud, data and Artificial intelligence (AI),
- Advanced Digital Skills, and
- Accelerating best use of technologies.
- 29/04/2021Adoption of DEP Regulation
- 10/11/2021Adoption of the first three Work Programmes
- 17/11/2021Publication of the first Calls for proposals
- 22/02/2022Closing deadline for the first Calls for proposals
The Digital Europe Programme will play a key role in the acceleration of the economic recovery and drive the digital transformation of Europe to achieve some of the objectives of the European Commission. It will also help Europe to remain globally competitive and strategically autonomous, and to shape the way new technologies reflect our needs and values.
HaDEA will manage actions in the following sectors:
- Advanced Digital Skills:
- support the design and delivery of education programmes for the future experts in areas like data and AI, cybersecurity, quantum, HPC;
- support the upskilling of existing workforce through trainings on the latest developments in key areas;
- Accelerating the best us of technologies:
- support high impact deployments in areas of public interest;
- support the uptake of advanced digital technologies by the industry and SMEs;
- support public administration and industry to deploy/access state of-the-art digital technologies (such as blockchain) and build trust in the digital transformation.
- Cloud, data and Artificial Intelligence:
- support Data for Cultural Heritage.
By European Commission DG CNECT
Objectives, scope, outcomes, deliverables, and budget allocations for each topic
Overview of DEP and its funding
Programmes for future experts
Opening up the use of artificial intelligence by businesses and public administrations
EC welcomes political agreement on DEP
EC adopts three Work Programmes