According to the instructions in the “Guidelines for applicants for EU founding of Phytosanitary programmes for pests”, 24 EU Member States submitted a phytosanitary programme for 2021 and 2022. These programmes were technically and financially assessed against the criteria stemming from the provisions of the relevant Commission Implementing Decision (2021)3046.
The contribution allocated to the 24 EU countries for the implementation of the 2021 and 2022 programme (€20 million each) is within the total maximum annual contribution defined for 2021 and 2022.
Priority pests subject to prevention, detection, control or elimination are reflected in Annex 4 to the Commission Implementing Decision, and they include:
Priority pests listed in the Annex of Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) 2019/1702
- Agrilus anxius Gory
- Agrilus planipennis Fairmaire
- Anastrepha ludens (Loew)
- Anoplophora chinensis (Thomson)
- Anoplophora glabripennis (Motschulsky)
- Anthonomus eugenii Cano
- Aromia bungii (Faldermann)
- Bactericera cockerelli (Sulc.)
- Bactrocera dorsalis (Hendel)
- Bactrocera zonata (Saunders)
- Bursaphelenchus xylophilus (Steiner et Bührer) Nickle et al.
- Candidatus Liberibacter spp., causal agent of Huanglongbing disease of citrus/citrus greening
- Conotrachelus nenuphar (Herbst)
- Dendrolimus sibiricus Tschetverikov
- Phyllosticta citricarpa (McAlpine) Van der Aa
- Popillia japonica Newman
- Rhagoletis pomonella Walsh
- Spodoptera frugiperda (Smith)
- Thaumatotibia leucotreta (Meyrick)
- Xylella fastidiosa (Wells et al.)
Pests subject to Union measures or pests listed in part B of Annex II of Regulation (EU) 2019/2072.
- Aleurocanthus spiniferus (Quaintance)
- Ceratocystis platani (J. M. Walter) Engelbr. & T. C. Harr
- Clavibacter sepedonicus (Spieckermann and Kottho) Nouioui et al. Epitrix cucumeris (Harris)
- E. papa Orlova-Bienkowskaja
- E. subcrinita (Lec.) and E. tuberis (Gentner) - Fusarium circinatum Nirenberg & O’Donnell
- Geosmithia morbida Kolarík, Freeland, Utley & Tisserat
- Globodera pallida (Stone) Behrens and Globodera rostochiensis (Wollenweber) Behrens
- Grapevine flavescence doree phytoplasma and its vector Scaphoideus titanus Ball
- Meloidogyne chitwoodi Golden et al. and Meloidogyne fallax Karssen
- Meloidogyne graminicola Golden & Birchfield
- Pityophthorus juglandis Blackman
- Pomacea Perry
- Ralstonia solanacearum (Smith) Yabuuchi et al. emend. Safni et al.
- Rose Rosette Virus and its vector Phyllocoptes fructiphilus Keifer
- Synchytrium endobioticum (Schilb.) Perc.
- Tomato Brown Rugose Fruit Virus
- Tomato Leaf Curl New Delhi Virus
- Toxoptera citricida (Kirkaldy)
- Trioza eryteae Del Guercio
Other Union quarantine pests, listed in Part A of Annex II of Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2019/2072 not listed above, included by each Member State in their multiannual surveillance programmes in line with EU legal obligations of Regulation (EU) 2016/2031.
a) Pests, not listed as Union quarantine or not subject to Union measures, which have the potential to qualify as Union quarantine pests and which represent an emerging and imminent risk for the Unition territory:
1. Arboridia kakogawana (Matsumura)
2. Crisicoccus pini (Kuwana)
3. Garella musculana (Erschov)
4. Gymnandrosoma aurantianum Lima
5. Xylotrechus chinensis (Chevrolat)
b) Pests, not listed as Union quarantine pests and not more than 3 per Member State, which fulfil all of the following conditions:
i. They represent an emerging and imminent risk for the Union territory and their entry or spread might have a significant impact for the Union agriculture or forest;
ii. They are linked to a new outbreak notified to the Commission in line with Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2019/1715 or are rapidly spreading in a neighbouring third country, in Europe, Asia or Africa, and threaten to reach the Union territory;
iii. They are included in the applications for phytosanitary programmes, which have been submitted by the Member States within the legal deadlines and they are no more than three pests per Member State.
Pests referred in priority 2 group and which are subject to Union measures or listed in part B of Annex II of Regulation (EU) 2019/2072.
The EU financial contribution for diseases eradication, control and surveillance programmes (phytosanitary programmes) is granted based on Regulation (EU) 2021/690.
The list of eligible plant pests is laid down in Annex 4 to the Commission Implementing Decision of 6 May 2021.
To obtain co-funding, Member States must submit their phytosanitary programmes to HaDEA by 31 May ahead of the following year when programme implementation starts. The 2022 phytosanitary programmes were submitted by 31 May 2021.