EU facilitates the continued strengthening of its single market. The objectives of the EU single market are to protect and empower EU citizens, ease doing business, create jobs and stimulate growth.
To contribute to these objectives, EU established in 2021 Regulation (EU) 2021/690. This new SMP brings together the Union actions in the fields of competitiveness of enterprises, especially SMEs, consumer protection, customers and end-users in financial services, policymaking in financial services and in the plant, animal, food and feed areas.
From 2021 to 2027, with a budget of €1.68 billion, the SMP Food strand contributes to the following:
- Prevention, control and eradication of certain animal diseases and plant pests;
- Fight against antimicrobial resistance;
- Improving animal welfare across the EU;
- Prevention of food waste and combatting fraud;
- Sustainable and resilient production of food;
- Effectiveness and reliability of official controls along the food chain;
- EU 'Farm to Fork' targets.
HaDEA coordinates and manages the delivery of the programme actions.
Reducing the negative impact of animal diseases on health and food safety
Reducing the negative impact of plant diseases on agriculture and forestry
Contributing to assessing trends in antimicrobial resistance & making the EU a best practice region
High-quality & reliable results of controls along the agri-food chain
Contributing to the actions of the EU Farm to Fork Strategy
Training of official control staff for safer food in the EU and beyond