- Publication date
- 12 October 2022 in Funding & tenders portal
- Opening date
- Deadline model
- Deadline date
- Funding programme
- European Health and Digital Executive Agency
- Programme Sector
- Connecting Europe Facility 2
- Digital technologyDigital transformationEUFundedProposals
This topic targets actions that support investments in challenging areas, where market forces alone will not deliver 5G services with the needed quality of service. The focus is on providing such connectivity along key European transport paths including, but not limited to, the indicative list of 5G corridors in part V of the Annex to the CEF Regulation. The priority of this call will be to support investment in cross-border sections involving two or more Member States, with a co-funding rate of 50%.
In case of co-funding by national funds (i.e., Cohesion Funds and the Recovery and Resilience Facility - RRF), State aid rules within the meaning of Article 107(1) TFEU apply (see section 10 of the Work Programme for details).
Applicants may apply for grants for works, including studies, related to project costs covering the following categories:
- Deployment of passive network elements including civil works, e.g. ducts, dark fibre, 5G radio stations, masts and pylons.
- Deployment and installation of active network elements, e.g. antennae, storage and computing capabilities such as network controllers, routers, switches, exchanges, edge MEC/node etc.
- Deployment and installation of specific track side devices (e.g. road, rail) for CAM use cases, such as sensors, cameras etc. for traffic monitoring purposes, including connected road-side units.
- Preparatory works, including network planning.