- Publication date
- Opening date
- Deadline model
- Deadline date
- 23 January 2024, 17:00 (CET)
- Programme Sector
- Digital Europe Programme
- Digital technologyDigital transformationEU financingProposals
This action will continue the deployment of an operational data space for cultural heritage. The objective is to make more high-quality content available, particularly in 3D, foster reuse of digitised cultural resources and provide more opportunities for the community to offer enriched services, thanks to the use of advanced technologies.
It will build on the work launched under the previous WP, which consists of two work strands. The first work strand is the deployment of the data space for cultural heritage through procurement, of which the objective is to set up and run the data space, building on the existing Europeana digital service infrastructure platform and, in so far as possible, the smart cloud-to-edge middleware platform Simpl. Its continuation may be addressed under actions in 2024. The second work strand consists of grants supporting cultural heritage institutions in making use of technologies and linking up to the data space. It focuses on seizing the opportunities of advanced technologies for increasing the quality, sustainability, use and reuse of the data, as well as building digital capacity in the cultural sector by collaborating with existing and relevant European, national and regional initiatives and platforms.
The awarded projects will increase the offer of 3D and extended reality (XR) content in the common European data space for cultural heritage and will help advance the digital transformation of the cultural heritage institutions, as well as the reuse of such content in other domains, such us tourism or education.
- Frameworks, tools, technologies, storage and processing capacities for making advanced 3D and XR data available in the data space.
- High quality 3D and XR content and documentation made available in the data space.
- New high-value datasets available for re-use, in particular 3D datasets, including for conducting scientific research, preservation and restoration purposes, re-use by the cultural and creative sector and other domains such as education.
- Training and capacity building for cultural heritage institutions in making use of 3D and XR technologies.