- Publication date
- Opening date
- Deadline model
- Deadline date
- Funding programme
- European Health and Digital Executive Agency
- Programme Sector
- Connecting Europe Facility 2
- Digital technologyDigital transformationEUFundedProposals
Operational digital platforms (including this Coordination and Support Action), as one of CEF Digital Synergy actions, aim to support EU environmental and energy targets as well as the ongoing energy crises, by providing both technologies and connectivity to enable a cyber-secure Internet of Energy and an optimised transport system along the major European paths, as per the 5G objectives in the Gigabit Society Communication and in the Directive 2014/61/EU on measures to reduce the cost of deploying high-speed electronic communications networks. This will optimise energy use of ICT and reduce the environmental impact, while increasing the benefits enabled by ICT.
It will be dedicated to “retro-fitting” the existing energy and/or transport infrastructures with the required cross-border digital infrastructure. ODPs will build on and integrate with existing and emerging European data, cloud and edge computing and connectivity infrastructures, in particular those supported in other parts of CEF Digital, the Digital Europe Programme, and Horizon Europe.
This CSA will prepare future works project(s) by identifying the most appropriate cases to be funded and by delivering the building blocks (such as governance, detailed design, etc.) needed for immediate deployment of the cross-border infrastructure within the works project(s). The CSA will consist of four consecutive stages lasting 27 months. These four stages include:
- exploratory study to prepare baselines and identify and shortlist use cases in energy, mobility and cross-sector energy/mobility;
- feasibility study for the shortlisted cases;
- detailed preparations for the shortlisted cases; and
- assistance to projects coming from the first call for works.