World Wide Web Day 2023 is celebrated on 1 August to highlight the impact the Web has had on our society. The Web was created in 1989 to share information between educational facilities and universities across the world.
Did you know?
- 96% of young people in the EU used the internet daily (Eurostat, 2023).
- 74% of internet users in the EU used the internet to watch TV or videos (Eurostat, 2023).
- 78 % of EU enterprises gave the employees remote access to their e-mail system during 2022 (Eurostat, 2023).
HaDEA has been and is funding connectivity in Europe. Discover some examples from the three digital programmes:
It supports and catalyses investments in digital connectivity infrastructures of common European interest. For example:
It aims to build the EU's strategic digital capacities and to facilitate the wide deployment of digital technologies. For example:
It focuses on the development and mastery of digital and key enabling technologies of the future.
- Publication date
- 1 August 2023
- European Health and Digital Executive Agency
- Programme Sector
- Horizon Europe Cluster 4: DigitalWiFi4EU InitiativeConnecting Europe Facility 2Digital Europe Programme