The eSAAM 2023 on Cloud-to-Edge Continuum, taking place in Ludwigsburg, Germany, on 17 October is a conference to discuss innovative software and systems solutions for the next generation of Cloud-to-Edge continuum. It is co-located with the EclipseCon 2023.
Three Horizon Europe and H2020 projects managed by HaDEA will present their achievements and deliverables at the conference:
- CODECO: Marco Jahn, David Remon and Philippe KRief will represent the project
at the Eclipse Research booth for the whole duration of the EclipCon.
- COGNIT: Marco Gonzalez Hierro will represent the project on the afternoon session starting at 13.15 on “AI and Edge Computing: Driving Competitive Advantage for Businesses”.
- PIACERE: Gorka Benguria Elguezabal will represent the project during both the EclipsCon and the eSAAM 2023.
On 16 October at 14.00, he will participate in the presentation “Cloud DevTools and Open VSX Community Day”.
On 17 October at 14.25, he will chair the afternoon session on “PIACERE Integrated Development Environment”.
- CODECO is working to achieve a smoother and more flexible support of services across the Edge-Cloud continuum via the creation of a novel, cognitive Edge-Cloud management framework. It is developing an ecosystem of open-source toolkits, large-scale experimentation, training tools and events, use-cases across 4 vertical domains (Smart Cities, Energy, Manufacturing, Smart Buildings).
- COGNIT is establishing a new distributed function-as-a-service (FaaS) paradigm for edge application management and smart orchestration. This AI-powered adaptive serverless framework will provide secure and portable access to a continuous data processing environment that abstracts the large-scale, geo-distributed, and low-latency capabilities provided by the cloud-edge continuum.
- PIACERE is developing tools, techniques, and methods to allow organisations to develop and operate infrastructure as code (IaC) through DevSecOps (development, security, and operations) practices. Its solution consists of an integrated DevSecOps framework to develop, verify, release, configure, provision, and monitor infrastructure as code.
Horizon 2020 was the EU’s multiannual funding programme between 2014 and 2020. H2020 provided Research and Innovation (R&I) funding for multi-national collaboration projects alongside individual researchers and SMEs via special funding instruments. Horizon 2020 is being continued by the Horizon Europe Programme, which will run until 2027.
eSAAM stands for Eclipse Security, AI, Architecture and Modelling. EclipseCon is the leading conference for developers, architects, and open-source business leaders to learn about Eclipse technologies and share best practices.
- Publication date
- 17 October 2023
- European Health and Digital Executive Agency
- Programme Sector
- Horizon Europe Cluster 4: Digital
- Digital technologyDigital transformationEUFundedEventInnovation