A new CEF brochure is now online! It aims to present how CEF is contributing to the development of high performing, sustainable and efficiently interconnected trans-European networks in the fields of transport, energy and digital services.
In the area of digital services, CEF Telecom - an integral part of the CEF programme - contributes to making the European Single Market fit for the digital age by investing in trans-European connectivity and interoperable digital services. As a result, these investments facilitate cross-border interactions between public administrations, businesses and citizens.
Since April 2021, the CEF Telecom portfolio has been implemented by the Health and Digital Executive Agency (HaDEA). Moreover, digital services infrastructure and connectivity will receive funding under the next programming period through two separate programmes:
- the Digital Europe Programme will further strengthen the strategic digital capacities of the EU and facilitate the deployment of digital technologies.
- the second generation of the Connecting Europe Facility (CEF Digital) programme will focus on the improvement of digital connectivity infrastructures of common European interest.
Discover the CEF Telecom projects in the CEF brochure.
Connecting Europe Facility - Digital
The digital part of the Connecting Europe Facility (CEF Digital) programme contributes to:
- Development of safe, secure and sustainable high-performance infrastructure including Gigabit and 5G networks;
- Increased capacity and resilience of digital backbone infrastructures;
- Digitalisation of transport and energy networks.
Connecting Europe Facility (CEF) Telecom
The Connecting Europe Facility (CEF) Telecom programme is a key EU instrument to facilitate cross-border interaction between public administrations, businesses and citizens, by deploying digital service infrastructures (DSIs) and broadband networks.
Supported projects contribute to the creation of a European ecosystem of interoperable and interconnected digital services that sustain the Digital Single Market.
- Publication date
- 1 July 2022
- European Health and Digital Executive Agency
- Programme Sector
- Connecting Europe Facility 1
- Digital technologyDigital transformationEUFunded