The deadline to apply for the first set of calls for proposals under the Connecting Europe Facility Digital programme has been extended until 20 April 2022.
The programme has a planned budget of €258 million to improve Europe's digital connectivity infrastructures, in particular Gigabit and 5G networks across the Union, and contribute to Europe’s digital transformation.
The calls follow the adoption of the first multiannual work programme for the digital part of the Connecting Europe Facility. They will co-fund actions aiming to support and catalyse investments in European digital connectivity infrastructures of common interest.
Who can apply?
The CEF Digital calls are open to legal entities, public or private bodies, including joint ventures, established in EU countries, including overseas countries or territories. Participation is subject to certain security restrictions, as defined in each call text.
Call topics and available budget
The total available budget is €258 million, entirely composed of grants. Call names, topics and budget are as follows:
5G for Smart Communities (€25 million)
5G Coverage along Transport Corridors (€106 million)
- Works (€100 million)
- Studies (€6 million)
Backbone networks for pan-European Cloud federation (€80 million)
- Interconnection of backbone networks for Cloud federations – Works (€65 million)
- Interconnection of Cloud federations with other Cloud, HPC and edge infrastructures – Studies (€1 million)
- Equipping backbone networks with high-performance and secure DNS resolution infrastructures – Works (€14 million)
Backbone connectivity for Digital Global Gateways (€40 million)
- Works (€30 million)
- Studies (€10 million)
Coordination and Support Actions (€7 million)
- Preparation of works for Operational digital platforms (€4 million)
- 5G Strategic Deployment Agenda coordination (€1 million)
- Integration of 5G corridors and 5G communities with edge computing and federated cloud facilities (€2 million)
The new application deadline is 20 April 2022 (17:00 Brussels time).
Apply for the Calls for Proposals on the dedicated page of our website.
Recordings of the info day, which took place on 19 January 2022, are available online to help applicants draft the best possible proposals.
Recordings of the call specific BCO network workshops can be found here:
Please contact HADEA-CEF-DIGITAL-CALLSec [dot] europa [dot] eu (HADEA-CEF-DIGITAL-CALLS[at]ec[dot]europa[dot]eu) if you have any questions regarding the calls.
Check out the article on CEF Digital calls on the Directorate‑General for Communications Networks, Content and Technology’s website.
- 16. marts 2022
- Det Europæiske Forvaltningsorgan for Sundhed og Det Digitale Område
- Programme Sector
- Connecting Europe Facility 2
- Digital technologyDigital transformationEUFundedProposals