To turn the tide against cancer, Europe's Beating Cancer Plan supports prevention, early detection, diagnosis and treatment, as well as the quality of life of cancer patients and survivors.
Detecting cancer at its earliest stages makes it easier to treat and increases the prospects of survival.
Discover below the EU4Health projects managed by HaDEA focusing on the early detection of prostate, gastric and lung cancers, and on strengthening screening data management:
- PRAISE U works to ensure early detection and diagnosis of prostate cancer through customised and risk-based screening programmes.
- TOGAS develops novel approaches for screening and early detection of gastric cancer.
- SOLACE brings together all key stakeholders to design, plan and implement sustainable lung cancer screening in EU countries.
- CanScreen- ECIS aims to refine existing cancer screening indicators and suggests new ones for lung cancer.
EU4Health is the fourth and largest of the EU health programmes. The programme provides funding to national authorities, health organisations and other bodies through grants and public procurement, contributing to a healthier Europe.
HaDEA manages the vast majority of the total EU4Health budget and implements the programme by managing calls for proposals and tenders from 2021 to 2027.
- Publication date
- 5 October 2023
- European Health and Digital Executive Agency
- Programme Sector
- EUCancerPlanEUFundedHealthUnionScientific research