With a total budget of €7.5 billion over 7 years, Europe is on the verge of a crucial digital transformation that will shape its society, economy and way of doing business. Digitalisation will change the current market conditions benefiting European small businesses and entrepreneurs, creating job opportunities and boosting the economic recovery.
The Commission has adopted three work programmes for the Digital Europe Programme:
- Main work programme: with a budget of €1.38 billion, it will focus on the areas of artificial intelligence (AI), cloud and data spaces, quantum communication infrastructure, advanced digital skills, and the wide use of digital technologies across the economy and society until the end of 2022
- First specific work programme: with a budget of €269 million until the end of 2022, focuses on funding in the area of cybersecurity
- Second specific work programme: with a budget of €329 million until the end of 2023, focuses on the set-up and operation of the network of European Digital Innovation Hubs
The work programmes will be implemented mainly through grants and procurement procedures.
The Health and Digital Executive Agency will implement parts of the main work programme under strategic objectives 4 "Advanced Digital Skills" and 5 "Accelerating best use of technologies".
The first calls for the Digital Europe Programme will be published in November, and more calls will be published in 2022.
What’s in it for you? Stay tuned for more information regarding budget, topics and strategic objectives managed by HaDEA out of the whole programme.
Digital Europe Programme Factsheet
The DIGITAL Europe Programme – Work Programmes
- Publication date
- 10 November 2021
- European Health and Digital Executive Agency | Directorate-General for Health and Food Safety
- Programme Sector
- Digital Europe Programme
- Digital single marketDigital technologyDigital transformationEU financing