The EU Sustainable Energy Week (EUSEW) is the biggest annual event dedicated to renewables and efficient energy use in Europe.
On 28 September at 11:00 am, project coordinators of three Horizon 2020 projects are organising the workshop “Unlock the value of plus energy buildings and neighbourhoods”.
Find out what these projects are doing for sustainable energy in the construction sector in Europe:
- Cultural-e: aims to define modular and replicable solutions for Plus Energy Buildings (PEBs). Cultural-E is developing technologies and solution bundles that can be tailored to specific contexts and energy demands, as well as performing a comprehensive optimisation of the value/cost ratio of Plus Energy Buildings. The project aims at going beyond the current state-of-the-art by maximising the share of demand covered by renewable sources, towards zero emissions in the operational phase.
- Syn.kia: the project’s mission is to increase the number of sustainable neighbourhoods with surplus renewable energy in different contexts, climates and markets in Europe. New designs and the efficient operation of sustainable plus energy neighbourhoods will be achieved through integrated energy design, energy and cost-efficiency measures, local renewables, local storage, energy flexibility, and energy sharing and trading.
- EXCESS (FlEXible user-CEntric Energy poSitive houseS): EXCESS brings project partners to showcase how nearly-zero energy buildings can be transformed into positive energy buildings. The project will spearhead four innovative demonstration projects, introducing technical solutions that enable buildings to produce more renewable energy than they consume over the course of a year. By implementing demonstration projects that span across the Nordic, Continental, Oceanic and Mediterranean climate zones, EXCESS seeks to test, validate and share PEB solutions that have the potential to be replicated across Europe.
The EU Sustainable Energy Week (EUSEW) is organised by the Directorate-General Energy(DG ENER) and the European Climate, Infrastructure and Environment Executive Agency (CINEA). This event brings together a broad range of partners like policymakers, industry representatives, businesses, civil society organisations and citizens during a 3-day policy conference in Brussels.
In the context of the REPowerEU plan to accelerate the clean energy transition and increase Europe’s energy independence, the Sustainable Energy Days are an opportunity to:
- meet stakeholders promoting energy efficiency and renewable energies;
- learn about successful projects;
- inspire innovation towards meeting the EU’s energy and climate goals.
- Publication date
- 27 September 2022
- European Health and Digital Executive Agency
- Programme Sector
- Horizon EuropeHorizon Europe Cluster 4: Industry
- Digital transformationEUFundedIndustrial research