On 28 January 1981, the Council of Europe adopted Convention 108, the first legally binding international instrument on data protection. To commemorate this landmark development, EU institutions, agencies and bodies celebrate Data Protection Day every 28January.
Globally known as Data Privacy Day, the objective is to raise awareness and promote privacy and data protection best practices. Discover some of the Horizon 2020 projects managed by HaDEA in this domain:
- SHAPES: the SHAPES Innovation Action is working to build, pilot and deploy a large-scale, EU-standardised open platform to facilitate long-term healthy and active ageing and the maintenance of a high-quality standard of life. SHAPES identifies the EU citizens’ needs and provide personalised solutions that uphold the individuals’ data protection and trust.
- GATEKEEPER: it works to ensure healthier independent lives for the ageing populations. The project developed a collaborative framework by connecting healthcare providers, entrepreneurs, the elderly and the communities they live in. Every connected device incorporates data protection to avoid cybersecurity issues.
- FogProtect: it developed advanced designs, technologies, and methods to secure end-to-end data protection along the computing continuum. The project integrates four technological innovations to create appropriate solutions for data protection in smart cities, industries and media.
- RAINBOW: it designed and developed an open and secured fog computing platform that advances the management of extensible, diverse and safe Internet of Things services and cross-cloud applications. The project envisages enabling fog computing to reach its true potential by supplying the development, composition, data and network management to reach secure end applications.
Horizon 2020 was the EU’s multiannual funding programme between 2014 and 2020. H2020 provided Research and Innovation (R&I) funding for multi-national collaboration projects alongside individual researchers and SMEs via special funding instruments. Horizon Europe Programme, the current R&I funding programme will run until 2027.
- Publication date
- 28 January 2023
- European Health and Digital Executive Agency
- Programme Sector
- Horizon EuropeHorizon Europe Cluster 4: Digital
- CybersecurityDigital technologyDigital transformationEUFunded