Representatives of HaDEA will speak at the EU Space Week. They will present at the session ‘Horizon, a Booster for Space Research’ and will illustrate how space research is actively contributing to new ambitious space missions, how it is creating new disruptive business opportunities with game changing innovations.
The European Space Week kicked off today in Prague. The event brings together the European space community, stakeholders and public authorities.
HaDEA will present at the session ‘Horizon, a Booster for Space Research’, on 5 October 2022.
The session will focus on Critical Space Technologies for European non-dependence, namely:
- understanding what critical space technologies are,
- how state-of-the-art developments are linked to EU non-dependence and with the creation of a fully European supply chain.
HaDEA will highlight successful projects funded under the Horizon 2020 programme. It will present their newest developments that are used by the EU space industry and that will be used in upcoming space missions. Finally, it will give an insight into the upcoming projects that are starting under the Horizon Europe programme (2021-2027).
HaDEA representatives will also speak at the side-event 'Supporting Copernicus through Big data and Artificial Intelligence' on 6 October at 13:40, Hall C.
The Horizon Europe Space research programme is contributing heavily to the EU space industry by:
- providing cutting-edge technology that can ultimately help with everyday societal problems benefitting all EU citizens,
- ensuring that the EU remains competitive in space and can access and use space with a high level of autonomy.
Horizon Europe is the research and innovation programme of the EU for the period 2021-2027. The Horizon Europe Cluster 4 – Space Programme supports the evolution of the operational “EU Space Programme” components and fosters the competitiveness of the European Space sector as a whole. Its programming is the responsibility of the European Commission’s DG DEFIS, in close coordination with stakeholders at European and national level, such as ESA and national Space agencies, from industry and research. HaDEA is managing innovative projects under the old Horizon 2020 and new Horizon Europe Cluster 4 (Space).
EU Space Research and Innovation
- Publication date
- 3 October 2022
- European Health and Digital Executive Agency
- Programme Sector
- Horizon EuropeHorizon Europe Cluster 4: Space