The Web Summit 2023 is one of the world’s largest technology conferences in the world, taking place in Lisbon from 13 to 16 November. It brings together more than 70 000 attendees in investors, partners, leaders, and experts from around the world to showcase the latest developments and discuss the future of the world of technology.
HaDEA at the Web Summit
To foster the digital transition of the EU, the European Commission has established several funding programmes: the Digital Europe Programme, the Connecting Europe Facility, and Horizon Europe. They cover a wide range of areas, including: the deployment of digital connectivity infrastructures (under the Connecting Europe Facility), digital technologies and the building of digital capacities (under the Digital Europe Programme), and research and innovation projects that develop the next generation of core digital technologies (under the Horizon Europe).
HaDEA’s representatives, together with representatives of five HaDEA-managed projects will be present at the conference to inform potential applicants about the EU funding opportunities under these programmes and encourage them to apply.
HaDEA’s representatives will be present at the booth E265 in the Pavillion 2. Find our booth to learn more about the specificities of HaDEA programmes, available funding, and requirements for applicants.
Join HaDEA’s masterclass workshop
HaDEA's masterclass workshop 'Funding the EU's digital transition' will take place on 14 November from 14:00 to 14:45. Join the masterclass to learn about EU funding opportunities in the digital field, how to apply and get inspired by representatives of successful projects.
The masterclass will feature the Director of HaDEA Marina Zanchi and the Head of Unit B2 Anna Katrami, and representatives of five HaDEA-funded projects. Marina Zanchi and Anna Katrami will explain the specificities of the EU funding programmes, available funding, and requirements for applicants. The project representatives will outline the achievements of their projects, the EU support and give advice to prospective applicants.
HaDEA’s featured projects
- IBERIAL5G aims to establish uninterrupted 5G coverage in border regions of Spain and Portugal through the deployment of 5G infrastructure. It is setting a 5G and v2x network to ensure uninterrupted and continuous 5G coverage and enough quality of service to support Traffic Incident Management (TIM) services. The project is coordinated by Tradia Telecom and it is a Connecting Europe Facility (CEF Digital) project. At the workshop, it will be presented by Luis Moreno Fraile from Cellnex Telecom Portugal.
- EMPOWER fosters the adoption of innovative AI tools to increase the capabilities of Law Enforcement Agencies across a wide range of investigative domains, such as investigations against child sexual exploitation, terrorism, cybercrime, and public space protection. Therefore, this project contributes to an ecosystem for trusted data sharing in the Security and Law Enforcement domains in Europe. This is a Digital Europe Programme (DIGITAL) project coordinated by Transgero Limited that will be presented at Summit by AI Speech Processing expert Sérgio Paulo from VoiceInteraction.
- Safer Internet Centre Portugal - Portugal is dedicated to making the internet a safer place, enhancing citizen awareness of online matters, and enhancing digital competencies. SIC provides expertise covering areas such as children and technology, cybersecurity, digital citizenship, emergent risks, and opportunities online. This project will be presented by Sofia Rasgado from Portuguese National Cybersecurity Centre.
- SPOTTED aims to provide an innovative solution to support decision makers in the field of urban green areas management, based on the integration and customized processing of massive Open Data collections, including Earth Observation (EO) data. The ultimate objective is to show how this framework generates innovation and large-value creation through the implementation of three pilots in Milan, Helsinki and Naples, focused on the monitoring and planning of green areas in the cities in relation to different factors (e.g., tourism impact, quality of life, economic growth, etc.). This project will be presented by Antonio Filograna, a senior researcher and Project Manager at Engineering Ingegneria Informatica S.p.A.
- SHOP4CF (Smart Human Oriented Platform for Connected Factories) aims to develop a free, open-source platform of architecture to support human production activities. In the project, 20 partners are working on a platform providing human-centric modular components for the process automation industry that can be deployed with minimal effort for the end user. This is a Horizon 2020 project coordinated by the Technische Universitaet Muenchen, and it will be presented by Pieter Becue from imec IDLab.
- Publication date
- 9 November 2023
- European Health and Digital Executive Agency
- Programme Sector
- Horizon Europe Cluster 4: DigitalConnecting Europe Facility 2Digital Europe Programme
- Digital technologyDigital transformationEUFundedEvent