Two Horizon 2020 projects managed by HaDEA are developing platforms and mobile applications for deaf and hard-of-hearing people:
- is developing a translation platform that will enable users of European sign languages (SL) to communicate effectively with hearing individuals and create a more inclusive European society. It aims to improve the standards on sign language representation and resource creation, and to develop a fully understandable avatar with a fully operational prototype available by the end of 2023.
- is elaborating a mobile application that will translate between different European sign and verbal languages. The project aims to assess the gaps in communication between researchers, industry, user communities, and deaf and hard-of-hearing communities. To date, SignON has developed working versions of the SignON App and Framework according to user requirements and expectations. It set up a repository for the codebase which will be openly accessible in 2024.
Horizon 2020 was the EU’s multiannual funding programme between 2014 and 2020. H2020 provided Research and Innovation (R&I) funding for multi-national collaboration projects alongside individual researchers and SMEs via special funding instruments. Horizon 2020 was continued by the Horizon Europe Programme, which will run until 2027.
- Publication date
- 23 September 2023
- European Health and Digital Executive Agency
- Programme Sector
- Horizon Europe Cluster 4: Digital
- Digital technologyDigital transformationEUFunded