The Internet Governance Forum (IGF) will be hosted in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, from 28 November to 2 December 2022 with the overarching theme: Resilience Internet for a shared sustainable and common future. The IGF brings various stakeholders together to discuss internet governance, such as internet fragmentation, data protection, or Artificial Intelligence.
Discover some of the Horizon 2020 projects managed by HaDEA working in this field:
- COMPRISE: it has developed a prototype that might become the next-generation voice interaction technology, addressing the mission-oriented challenges of privacy by design, inclusiveness, and cost-effectiveness in a sector-agnostic way. It reduced related costs of voice data collection and labelling for a mix of languages to make it more inclusive. COMPRISE focused on three sectors with high commercial impact: smart consumer apps, e-commerce, and e-health.
- AI-Sprint: it is building powerful tools for AI applications in computing continua that allows a finely tuned trade-off between performance and AI model accuracy, putting security and privacy early in the design stage. It enables flexible and secure AI applications, benefiting developers, integrators, cloud providers, and end-users. AI-SPRINT is being demonstrated in real-world use cases: farming 4.0 maintenance and inspection, and personalised healthcare.
- AI-PROFICIENT: It is developing proactive control strategies to improve manufacturing processes as to production efficiency, quality and maintenance. The goal is to increase the positive impact of AI technology on the manufacturing process overall, while keeping the human in a central position, assuming supervisory (human-on-the-loop) and executive (human-in-command) roles.
- COALA: It is designing and developing a cutting-edge Digital Intelligent Assistant for the manufacturing sector, integrating augmented quality analytics, an experimental mechanism for explainable AI, and features for the assistance of on-the-job training.
Horizon 2020 was the EU’s multiannual funding programme between 2014 and 2020. H2020 provided Research and Innovation (R&I) funding for multi-national collaboration projects alongside individual researchers and SMEs via special funding instruments. Horizon 2020 was replaced by the Horizon Europe Programme, which will run until 2027.
- Publication date
- 24 November 2022
- European Health and Digital Executive Agency
- Programme Sector
- Horizon EuropeHorizon Europe Cluster 4: Digital
- Digital technologyDigital transformationEU financingEUFundedInnovation