HaDEA has launched a call for proposals for operating grants under the EU4Health programme, aimed at non-governmental organisations (NGOs).
Health NGOs play a major role in:
- Bridging the gap between institutions and patients,
- Facilitating communication between EU countries and the EU institutions.
The work of the beneficiaries is expected to contribute to one or more specific objectives of the EU4Health programme.
Through the operating grants, the non-profit organisations will work to:
- Increase health literacy and health promotion,
- Cooperate with International Organisations (IOs) and civil society,
- Optimise healthcare activities and practices by providing feedback,
- Further facilitate communication with patients.
The total budget amounts to €9 million and the deadline for applications is 31 January 2023, 17.00 (CET).
The call for operating grants is the first action launched by HaDEA under the 2023 EU4Health work programme, which was adopted by the European Commission on 21 November 2022.
More information is available on the call web page.
An info session took place on 13 December 2022.
Recordings and presentations are now available.
EU4Health, with a budget of €5.3 billion, is the fourth and largest of the EU health programmes. The EU4Health programme goes beyond an ambitious response to the COVID-19 crisis to address the resilience of European healthcare systems. The programme provides funding to national authorities, health organisations and other bodies through grants and public procurement, contributing to a healthier Europe.
HaDEA manages €4.7 billion of the total EU4Health budget and implements the programme by managing calls for proposals and tenders from 2021 to 2027.
Operating grants provide support to the functioning of NGOs for activities including awareness raising on various health aspects, communication and dissemination, capacity building and training, expert collaboration and networking.
Videos illustrating EU4Health priorities
- Publication date
- 25 November 2022
- European Health and Digital Executive Agency
- Programme Sector
- EUCancerPlanEUFundedHealthUnionProposalsPublic health