NexusForum 2023 is taking place in Brussels from 5 to 6 October. It will focus on the European Commission’s technological priorities related to cloud & edge computing. The forum explores technological synergies between the European Alliance for Industrial Data, Edge and Cloud, the EU institutions, and EU countries.
Three Horizon Europe projects managed by HaDEA are going to present how they are addressing technological challenges:
- COGNIT: Alberto P. Martí, will chair the session “Technology Priorities Workshop: sovereignty & Open source” on 5 October at 11.00. On 6 October, COGNIT will participate in the session organised by EUCloudEdgeIoT, at 9.00. At 11.00, the project organises a panel discussion on: “Artificial intelligence for the cognitive Cloud”.
- AC3: Dr David Vallejo will represent the project in the session on Horizon Europe projects alongside COGNIT and CODECO on 6 October at 9.00.
- CODECO: Dr. Rizkallah Touma will also attend the Horizon Europe session on 6 October at 9.00.
- COGNIT is establishing a new distributed function-as-a-service (FaaS) paradigm for edge application management and smart orchestration. This AI-powered adaptive serverless framework will provide secure and portable access to a continuous data processing environment that abstracts the large-scale, geo-distributed, and low-latency capabilities provided by the cloud-edge continuum.
- AC3 is developing an agile framework to efficiently manage data in the cloud-edge computing continuum. The envisaged framework will play a critical role in increasing service scalability, agility, and effectiveness. With a microservice architecture, it will be able to adapt to different network contexts and events, such as lack of resources, data deluge or movement of data sources.
- CODECO is working to achieve a smoother and more flexible support of services across the Edge-Cloud continuum via the creation of a novel, cognitive Edge-Cloud management framework. It is developing an ecosystem of open-source toolkits, large-scale experimentation, training tools and events, use-cases across 4 vertical domains (Smart Cities, Energy, Manufacturing, Smart Buildings).
Horizon 2020 was the EU’s multiannual funding programme between 2014 and 2020. H2020 provided Research and Innovation (R&I) funding for multi-national collaboration projects alongside individual researchers and SMEs via special funding instruments. Horizon 2020 is being continued by the Horizon Europe Programme, which will run until 2027.
NexusForum 2023 is the first event organised by OpenNebula that aims at exploring technological synergies between the European Alliance for Industrial Data, Edge and Cloud, the European institutions and EU countries involved in the IPCEI on Cloud Infrastructure & Services.
- Publication date
- 5 October 2023
- European Health and Digital Executive Agency
- Programme Sector
- Horizon Europe Cluster 4: Digital
- Digital technologyDigital transformationEUFundedEvent