The 3rd Semantic Interoperability Conference (SEMIC), organised by the European Commission and the Czech Presidency of the Council of the EU, is taking place on 6 December 2022 at 9.00 (CET) in Brussels, the Square Meeting Center. It is a hybrid event, and the streaming will be available on their website.
The overarching theme of this year is ‘Data Spaces in an Interoperable Europe’. The conference will discuss implementation of data spaces, bringing together concrete use cases from both the public and the private sectors. It will also offer support in overcoming obstacles in implementing data spaces and clarify how interoperability can be achieved within and across sectors.
Discover some of the Horizon 2020 projects in the domains of the Digital Services Package managed by HaDEA:
- DECENTER: it developed a robust Fog Computing platform that provides AI application-aware orchestration and provisioning of resources to expand the accessibility of high computational resources, with the aim of releasing the full potential and maximizing the use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) appliances.
- DataCloud: it is working to create a novel paradigm for Big Data pipeline processing over heterogeneous resources encompassing the Computing Continuum, covering the complete lifecycle of managing Big Data pipelines. The DataCloud Toolbox is used in the development of five diverse business cases to demonstrate its practical applicability.
- RADON: it addresses several challenges: code, data lock-in and skill shortage. It sets out a model-based development paradigm backed by tools to orchestrate the solution in multi-cloud customer environments and support re-engineering. The project innovations are available here.
- PHYSICS: it is working to ease application development and maximize productivity through the reuse of ready-made and abstracted programming flows while incorporating the FaaS approach in their application structure, based on user-friendly function flow programming tools. The project's outcomes will be available in three sectors – eHealth, agriculture and manufacturing.
Horizon 2020 was the EU’s multiannual funding programme between 2014 and 2020. H2020 provided Research and Innovation (R&I) funding for multi-national collaboration projects alongside individual researchers and SMEs via special funding instruments. Horizon 2020 was replaced by the Horizon Europe Programme, which will run until 2027.
- Date de publication
- 5 décembre 2022
- Agence exécutive européenne pour la santé et le numérique
- Programme Sector
- Horizon EuropeHorizon Europe Cluster 4: Digital
- Digital technologyDigital transformationEU financingEUFundedEventInnovation