Many thanks for your interest in working for HaDEA.
Please note we do not accept spontaneous applications or applications sent by email.
HADEA conducts its own recruitment and selection procedures which are independent from other EU institutions or other EU agencies.
HADEA can only hire contract agents (CA) who have successfully passed an EPSO selection and competence tests valid for Executive Agencies (CAST25 – CAST27 – CAST Secretary 2008 – CAST 2010 competency-tested candidates – CAST RELEX – CAST Research S/5/2013, CAST JRC-COM/1/2015/GFIV – Research, CAST/P/1-4/2015, CAST/P1- 17/2017).
Please note that by having completed and validated the online application form for the Call for Expressions of Interest (EPSO/CAST/P1-17/2017) of the preceding link launched by EPSO on 05/01/2017, does not mean that the candidate has automatically applied for published positions in HADEA.
The Staff Regulations and the CEOS as well as the specific decisions of the Agency's Steering Committee apply to Temporary and Contract Staff.
The HaDEA offers the following contractual possibilities:
There are two types of Temporary Agents:
- Temporary Agents, seconded from the European Commission (TA-S) Officials of the European Commission may be seconded to the HaDEA in high responsibility positions in management or related areas.
- Temporary Agents, externally hired (TA 2(f); AD 5-12) These Temporary Agents 2(f) are selected and engaged in responsible positions in key scientific, operational and administrative posts.
Recruitment of Temporary Agents is done only via TA2f Job market or Calls for Expressions of Interest, which are advertised on this website.
Temporary staff are predominantly recruited for specialised tasks. Typical job profiles include administrators in the following fields: research programme management, finance, legal services, and some management positions such as Heads of Sector.
General information and the conditions of employment may be found here.
There are four types of Contract Agents:
- Contract Agents in Function Group IV (CA FG IV) They perform administrative, audit, advisory and equivalent technical tasks of supervisory nature under the supervision of Temporary Agents.
- Contract Agents in Function Group III (CA FG III) They perform executive, drafting, budgeting, accountancy, control and other equivalent technical tasks under the supervision of Temporary Agents.
- Contract Agents in Function Group II (CA FG II) They perform clerical, secretarial, recurrent accountancy, office management and other equivalent tasks under the supervision of Temporary Agents.
- Contract Agents in Function Group I (CA FG I) They perform manual and administrative support service tasks under the supervision of Temporary Agents.
Depending on the responsibilities and qualifications required, contract staff are recruited for a wide range of support and technical tasks and according to the relevant function group (FGI to FGIV). Typical job profiles include: Project Advisers, Project Officers, Legal Advisers, Financial Advisers, Financial Officers, HR Officers, Project Assistants, Financial Assistants, Administrative Assistants, etc.
Contract Agents in HaDEA are offered a 3(a) type of contract. General information and conditions of employment for Contract Agents for this particular category can be found here.
HaDEA provides a five-month in-service training for university graduates as part of the European Commission's Blue Book Traineeship scheme. It is an opportunity to contribute to the day-to-day work of HaDEA, and to put your academic knowledge into practice.
What does a trainee's daily work consist of?
- Researching, drafting end editing documents,
- Attending and organising meetings,
- Supporting the management of various projects.
Trainees work alongside permanent staff, fulfilling various scientific, administrative or communication tasks. They are also encouraged to take advantage of other training opportunities, career fairs and conferences.
Candidates interested in working as Blue Book trainees at HaDEA shall indicate in their application form "HaDEA" as a preferred traineeship host. The pre-selection of candidates for a traineeship is carried out exclusively by the European Traineeship Office.
HaDEA can only recruit candidates included in the Traineeship Office's database.
Interim positions occasionally become available to meet specific temporary needs related to the functioning of the Agency.
HaDEA employs staff on a temporary basis on short-term contracts exclusively through employment agency:
Important information to candidates
More information on each recruitment procedure will be provided by the team in charge of human resources directly to the relevant candidates.
Learn more about our corporate culture.
We are looking for motivated and exciting colleagues to join us!
We appoint external experts to assist in the evaluation and to provide opinions and advice in specific cases.
Please consult our Data Protection Notice for selection and recruitment.