The 2023 edition of the is taking place from 6 to 9 June in Gothenburg. It is organised by the European Conference on Networks and Communications and supported by the European Commission. The theme of this year is “6G for a Green and Digital Transition”.
The conference will feature keynote speeches, panels, workshops, tutorials, and special sessions on groundbreaking deep tech solutions, 5G deployment across Europe and 6 exploration usages. Representatives from the industry, the European institutions, research, and academia will exchange their views and opinions.
Discover some of the Horizon 2020 projects managed by HaDEA pushing digital innovation forward:
- designed and evaluated the Next-Generation IoT (NG-IoT) solution, with emphasis on 5G and the development of Edge and Cloud computing extensions for IoT, as well as providing smart networking and data management solutions with Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. The project ended on March 2023 with concrete deliverables that in the logistics industry.
- established a practical approach in connecting edge resources and infrastructures to support next-generation applications. The project builds on the idea that by associating edge computing with advanced technologies such as 5G, the EU will be able to capitalise on its own resources and infrastructure and bring benefits to its SMEs.
- developed an Augmented Reality (AR) cloud platform to improve productivity and product quality of the European industry and construction 4.0. Based on 5G connectivity, the AR cloud platform will enable collaborative AR experiences adapted to factory and construction site environments.
- is developing high-capacity Multi-Chip Modules comprising novel Terabit optical engines and optical switches, together with digital switches. POETICS focuses on minimising the electrical interconnect distance between the optical engine and the digital switching chip, and on removing signal conditioning chips and unwanted components.
The 2023 EuCNC & 6G Summit builds on putting together two conferences in telecommunications: EuCNC (European Conference on Networks and Communications), supported by the European Commission, and the 6G Summit, originated from the 6G Flagship programme in Finland, one of the very first in its area.
Horizon 2020 was the EU’s multiannual funding programme between 2014 and 2020. H2020 provided Research and Innovation (R&I) funding for multi-national collaboration projects alongside individual researchers and SMEs via special funding instruments. Horizon 2020 was continued by the Horizon Europe Programme, which will run until 2027.
- Publication date
- 6 June 2023
- European Health and Digital Executive Agency
- Programme Sector
- Horizon EuropeHorizon Europe Cluster 4: Digital
- Digital technologyDigital transformationEUFundedEventInnovation