The Manufacturing Partnership Day, organised by the European Factories of the Future Research Association (EFFRA), is taking place physically in Brussels, Belgium on 26 September.
The event will feature multiple sessions with project presentations and an exhibition area where more than fifty projects will present their ongoing work. Representatives from 15 Horizon 2020 projects managed by HaDEA will present their deliverables and outcomes:
- Einstein Room from 9.10 to 10.45 featuring the projects KITT4SME and SHOP4CF
- Newton Room from 9.10 to 10.45 featuring the projects DigiPrime and KYKLOS 4.0.
- Einstein Room from 11.00 to 12.30 with the projects DIGITbrain, Change2Twin and AI REGIO
- Newton Room from 11.00 to 12.30 with projects knowlEdge and AI-PROFICIENT.
- Einstein Room from 2.00 to 3.20 with the projects COALA and ASSISTANT
- Newton Room from 2.00 to 3.20 with the AMBIANCE project
- Einstein Room from 3.35 to 4.50 featuring the projects XMANAI, TEAMING.AI and STAR
- KITT4SME is elaborating scope-tailored and industry-ready hardware, software and organisational kits for European SMEs and mid-caps. The aim is to deliver these as a modularly customisable digital platform that can seamlessly introduce artificial intelligence in their production systems.
- SHOP4CF is developing a platform on an open architecture that can support humans in production activities and provide basic implementation as a free, open-source solution. It will rely on pilots acting as the testing facilities and seeds for adoption of the platform.
- DigiPrime developed a Circular Economy digital platform overcoming current information asymmetry among value-chain stakeholders. The platform was launched in June 2023 and will follow a series of tests until the end of 2023 with 16 digital services integrated and tested.
- KYKLOS 4.0 aims to show how cyber-physical systems, product life-cycle management, life-cycle assessment, augmented reality, and artificial intelligence technologies and methods can transform Circular Manufacturing.
- DIGITbrain’s objective is to enable customised industrial products and to facilitate cost-effective distributed and localised production for manufacturing SMEs. It will work this out through more than 20 highly innovative cross-border experiments, training and assisting digital innovation hubs.
- Change2Twin’s main aim is to ensure that 100% of manufacturing companies in Europe have access to 100% of technologies needed to deploy a digital twin. It provides an end-to-end service to the manufacturing SMEs where the end user receives a thorough analysis of the digitalisation potential recipe for implementation involving both components’ providers and an integrator.
- AI REGIO seeks to consolidate the collaboration in the pan-European network of Digital Innovation Hubs (DIHs) by enhancing the offering of regional DIHs to manufacturing SMEs on three levels: policy impact, technological impact, and business impact.
- knowlEdge is shaping an integrated IT platform with automated knowledge discovery based on deep learning. This framework will provide means for private and safe management of distributed data and computational infrastructure to execute the needed analytic algorithms and redistribute the knowledge towards a knowledge exchange society.
- AI-PROFICIENT is developing proactive control strategies to improve manufacturing processes as to production efficiency, quality, and maintenance. The goal is to increase the positive impact of AI technology on the manufacturing process overall, while keeping the human in a central position.
- COALA is designing and developing a cutting-edge Digital Intelligent Assistant for the manufacturing sector, integrating augmented quality analytics, an experimental mechanism for explainable AI, and features for the assistance of on-the-job training.
- ASSISTANT aims to develop breakthrough digital solutions for the manufacturing industry. One of its keystones is the creation of intelligent digital twins. By combining machine learning, optimisation, simulation, and domain models, it is improving machine settings for effective and sustainable decisions that guarantee product quality and safety.
- XMANAI aims at making AI models transparent, interpretable, and AI processes humanly understandable and actionable at multiple layers. Thus, producing value-based explanations for data scientists, data engineers and business experts.
- TEAMING.AI dispenses new concepts, methods, and software for Smart Manufacturing. It seeks to improve the situation awareness of human coworkers as well as of narrow AI services. The full platform will be available at the end of 2023.
- STAR is a joint effort of AI and digital manufacturing experts towards enabling the deployment of standard-based secure, safe reliable and trusted human centric AI systems in manufacturing environments. STAR outcomes will become commercially available for enterprise scale deployments by mid-2026.
Horizon 2020 was the EU’s multiannual funding programme between 2014 and 2020. H2020 provided Research and Innovation (R&I) funding for multi-national collaboration projects alongside individual researchers and SMEs via special funding instruments. Horizon 2020 was continued by the Horizon Europe Programme, which will run until 2027.
- Publication date
- 26 September 2023
- European Health and Digital Executive Agency
- Programme Sector
- Horizon Europe Cluster 4: Digital
- Digital technologyDigital transformationEUFundedEventInnovation