The fifth International Day of Education is celebrated on 24 January 2023 under the theme “invest in people, prioritise education”.
This year’s edition is a call to maintain strong political mobilisation around education and to translate commitments and global initiatives into action.
2023 is the European Year of Skills, which will promote lifelong learning and will empower people and companies to contribute to the green and digital transitions.
Discover how some of the Horizon Europe projects managed by HaDEA contribute to the development of workforce skills for industry:
- Up-Skill – The Up-Skill project addresses workforce implications of Industry 5.0, specifically the relationship between automation and maintenance of skilled work. In terms of production, it explores where automation adds value to skilled and artisanal work and where over-automation undermines the value of what is produced. The focus of Up-Skill is to get a better understanding of how businesses, particularly in industrial and manufacturing environments, can gain value from human-machine integration.
- BRIDGES 5.0 – The project has recently started and works towards an inclusive digital and green future by enhancing workforce skills for Industry 5.0. The following actions are central to achieve its goals:
- Quantitatively mapping how jobs are transforming, what new green and digital jobs are emerging in Industry 4.0, and qualitatively understand Industry 5.0 requirements;
- Mapping Industry 5.0 skills and skill gaps at EU-level, and five EU-institutional contexts for emerging green and digital jobs;
- Setting up learning trajectories and training pathways;
- Engaging a range of industry and related stakeholders at regional, national and EU levels, co-producing a web platform called Industry 5.0 Platform.
Horizon Europe is the EU’s key funding programme for research and innovation with a budget of €95.5 billion. It tackles climate change, helps to achieve the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals and boosts the EU’s competitiveness and growth. HaDEA implements parts of Horizon Europe Clusters 1 (Health) and 4 (Digital, Industry, and Space). It was preceded by Horizon 2020.
- Publication date
- 23 January 2023
- European Health and Digital Executive Agency
- Programme Sector
- Horizon EuropeHorizon Europe Cluster 4: Industry
- Digital transformationEUFundedIndustrial researchRaw material