Today is UN World Cities Day 2022, this year with the focus to build a more inclusive and sustainable world.
Cities are where most people in the EU live, work or study; it is also where most CO2 emissions happen. Where we need to act first and innovate.
HaDEA implements EU programmes and projects that aim to improve life in cities and communities.
The ‘5G for Smart Communities’ call under the Connecting Europe Facility is currently open with deadline of 23 February 2023. The aim of this call is to support the early deployment of 5G-based systems that enable use cases for certain socio-economic drivers (SEDs).
Amongst others, HaDEA manages two projects that boost the cities’ potential for green and equitable communities:
- Hubs for Circularity (H4C) ECoP: the project is a stepping stone towards climate neutrality and circularity in the industry sector. H4C will develop the European Community of Practice (ECoP) network of stakeholders and an information and knowledge platform to enable stakeholders to take action. The H4C platform will support knowledge sharing between regions/cities and their industries, providing the tools and evidence base for the approach to be adopted widely across Europe.
- CommuniCity: conducts a large number of innovation pilots in many local communities, both urban, peri-urban and rural, including two EU capitals, aiming to empower hard-to-reach and marginalized communities. It creates three cycles of increasing size, building on two dynamic networks of local administrations and living labs of all sizes.
- Publication date
- 31 October 2022
- European Health and Digital Executive Agency
- Programme Sector
- Horizon EuropeHorizon Europe Cluster 4: IndustryConnecting Europe Facility 2
- Digital technologyDigital transformationEUFunded