CEF Digital promotes the deployment of cross-border and national cloud, edge and HPC infrastructure interconnections to enable distributed, secure, energy-efficient and high-speed cloud services for EU citizens and businesses.
Projects funded under the Cloud Call aim to:
- Cope with the latest digital and sustainability challenges, in particular:
- Enable the industrial and low power processing of large amounts of data;
- Foster a swift and sustainable uptake of emerging technologies;
- Support the operationalisation of data spaces and specific use cases for socio economic drivers.
- Respond dynamically to the needs of beneficiaries by providing data processing and storage capacities across the EU.
- Allow effective access to resources through a high-performance Domain Name Server (DNS) resolution, infrastructure, supporting use cases, conforming to the latest security and privacy standards.
The first-wave projects will focus on the development of cross-border and national cloud infrastructure interconnections at both the physical (i.e. very high capacity networks) and functional levels (i.e. management systems, software-defined infrastructures and DNS resolution) which will ensure distributed, secure, energy-efficient and high-speed connectivity.
How to participate
There are no specific eligibility conditions concerning consortium composition for this topic, however non-EU controlled entities are strictly excluded.
Open calls are published on the Funding & Tenders Portal and more details are available in the Call text.
Browse EU-funded projects on the Funding & Tenders portal and get inspired.
Discover how HaDEA-managed projects contribute to the implementation of State of the Union initiatives: Digital Skills
HaDEA has been managing projects contributing to several key policy initiatives announced in the previous SOTEU addresses. One of them is Digital Skills announced in the 2022.
Discover how HaDEA-managed projects contribute to the implementation of State of the Union initiatives: Global Gateway
HaDEA has been managing projects contributing to several key policy initiatives announced in the previous SOTEU addresses. One of them is Global Gateway partnerships announced in the 2021.
World Wide Web Day 2023 is celebrated on 1 August to highlight the impact the Web has had on our society. The Web was created in 1989 to share information between educational facilities and universities across the world.
Join us on 11 October from 9:30 to 16:30 CEST for an exclusive opportunity to be part of the 5GSC Community Conference, hosted by the 5G for Smart Communities Support Platform in collaboration with the European Commission, DG CNECT.