CEF Digital promotes the deployment of cross-border and national cloud, edge and HPC infrastructure interconnections to enable distributed, secure, energy-efficient and high-speed cloud services for EU citizens and businesses.
Projects funded under the Cloud Call aim to:
- Cope with the latest digital and sustainability challenges, in particular:
- Enable the industrial and low power processing of large amounts of data;
- Foster a swift and sustainable uptake of emerging technologies;
- Support the operationalisation of data spaces and specific use cases for socio economic drivers.
- Respond dynamically to the needs of beneficiaries by providing data processing and storage capacities across the EU.
- Allow effective access to resources through a high-performance Domain Name Server (DNS) resolution, infrastructure, supporting use cases, conforming to the latest security and privacy standards.
The first-wave projects will focus on the development of cross-border and national cloud infrastructure interconnections at both the physical (i.e. very high capacity networks) and functional levels (i.e. management systems, software-defined infrastructures and DNS resolution) which will ensure distributed, secure, energy-efficient and high-speed connectivity.
How to participate
There are no specific eligibility conditions concerning consortium composition for this topic, however non-EU controlled entities are strictly excluded.
Call 3 is now open! Find out more information in the Call text and apply until 17 January 2024 on the Funding and Tenders Portal.
Join us our Info Day Thursday 26 October at 9.30am.
Browse EU-funded projects on the Funding & Tenders portal and get inspired.
HaDEA to showcase funding opportunities and success stories in the digital field at the Web Summit 2023
Since the beginning of its mandate, HaDEA has been working hard to facilitate the digital transition by funding digital projects. To showcase funding opportunities and successful projects, HaDEA will host a masterclass and a booth at Web Summit 2023.
European Cyber Security Month: discover projects funded through Connecting Europe Facility and Digital Europe Programme
To celebrate the 11th anniversary of the European Cyber Security Month (ECSM), HaDEA is highlighting projects funded under Connecting Europe Facility (CEF) and Digital Europe Programme.
CEF Digital calls open: over €240 million available for co-funding in the third calls for proposals deploying digital networks
Today, the third calls for proposals under the digital strand of the Connecting Europe Facility (CEF) programme opened with a deadline to apply by 17 January 2024. Join the online Info Day on 17 October to learn all about the call.
Discover how HaDEA-managed projects contribute to the implementation of State of the Union initiatives: Digital Skills
HaDEA has been managing projects contributing to several key policy initiatives announced in the previous SOTEU addresses. One of them is Digital Skills announced in the 2022.