CEF Digital promotes the deployment of cross-border and national cloud, edge and HPC infrastructure interconnections to enable distributed, secure, energy-efficient and high-speed cloud services for EU citizens and businesses.
Projects funded under the Cloud Call aim to:
- Cope with the latest digital and sustainability challenges, in particular:
- Enable the industrial and low power processing of large amounts of data;
- Foster a swift and sustainable uptake of emerging technologies;
- Support the operationalisation of data spaces and specific use cases for socio economic drivers.
- Respond dynamically to the needs of beneficiaries by providing data processing and storage capacities across the EU.
- Allow effective access to resources through a high-performance Domain Name Server (DNS) resolution, infrastructure, supporting use cases, conforming to the latest security and privacy standards.
The first-wave projects will focus on the development of cross-border and national cloud infrastructure interconnections at both the physical (i.e. very high capacity networks) and functional levels (i.e. management systems, software-defined infrastructures and DNS resolution) which will ensure distributed, secure, energy-efficient and high-speed connectivity.
How to participate
There are no specific eligibility conditions concerning consortium composition for this topic, however non-EU controlled entities are strictly excluded.
Open calls are published on the Funding & Tenders Portal and more details are available in the Call text.
Browse EU-funded projects on the Funding & Tenders portal and get inspired.
Meet HaDEA at the Submarine Networks EMEA 2023
HaDEA will have a stand at Submarine Networks EMEA on 31 May showcasing funded projects and providing information on how to apply for funding to potential applicants.
The Electronic Exchange of Social Security Information - how CEF Telecom contributed to the digitalisation of social security
The Electronic Exchange of Social Information (EESSI) funded under CEF Telecom is an IT platform that strengthens protection of EU citizens social security rights.
4th European Conference on Connected and Automated Driving (EUCAD 2023) – Meet Horizon 2020 project’s achievements in the field
The 4th European Conference on Connected and Automated Driving (EUCAD2023) takes place in Brussels on 3 and 4 May 2023. Discover the H2020 project managed by HaDEA and its developments in the automotive and railway sectors.
CEF Digital: 69 proposals submitted under the second call
The second round of Connecting Europe Facility - Digital (CEF Digital) calls, worth €240 million, attracted 69 proposals with coordinators from 21 different countries and a total of 182 partners in the proposed consortia compositions.